Boat Yard and 75-Tonne Shiplift Services
First-class facilities, onsite trades, and wide range of competitively priced services available in our complex to satisfy the needs of most boaties.
Hardstand and 75-Tonne Shiplift
At Bundaberg Port Marina, we take pride in being one of the most recognized ship repair and long-term dry storage facilities in Queensland. In fact, our separate dry storage yard is one of the largest on the East Coast and can accommodate up to 100 vessels. Our first-class facilities, onsite trades, and wide range of competitively priced services available in our complex to satisfy the needs of most boaties.
75-tonne marine travel lift with a 6.6m beam
• 100 Boat yard / dry storage sites available
• High-pressure cleaning
• Enclosed spray and blast bays
• Antifouls, re-sprays, prop speed, and protective coatings
• Insurance repair work specialist
• Quality cradles and stands with tie-down points available
• Professional job management (no job too big or too small)
• Liveaboard facilities available
• Vessels must have a minimum of third party insurance
• DIY boat maintenance if you prefer.
Dry Storage for Boats
If you need dry storage for your vessel, Bundaberg Port Marina is more than happy to accommodate you. Dry storage differs from normal hardstand services, as the vessels are stored without water or power. No work or living aboard is permitted while a vessel is in dry storage.
All vessels are secured to the ground while in dry storage. For your peace of mind, inspections can be arranged through our hardstand office. Upon return, your vessel can be moved into the working yard for antifouling or repairs
International visitors and Southern boat owners have recognised the benefits of having a safe and secure place to leave their vessels over the summer months and returning the following year to recommence their journey directly from the cruising grounds of the Southern Great Barrier Reef. Heading further south poses the risk of treacherous bar crossings and long, uninteresting coastal passages that can simply be avoided by storing your vessel with us
Vessel insurance information at Bundaberg Port Marina:
- Tropical Cyclone season in Australia is from November to April.
- Bundaberg is not considered to be at high risk from the threat of major cyclones, although the entire Queensland coastline is open to tropical cyclones.
- Generally the stronger, destructive ones cross the Queensland coast north of Rockhampton. We have note had a named storm cross on our coastline in approximately 25 years. As these events are a product of nature, there is always an unknown factor!
- Some insurance companies may ask for your vessel to be south of 25 degrees at some stage during your time in Australia.
- The Bundaberg Port Marina Hardstand & Shiplift Facility can confirm that we have provided our tie down and emergency weather procedures to a number of these insurance companies and a majority of them confirm that our preparation is sufficient for vessels to remain covered whilst in our dry storage facility.
- All vessels in this area are tied down into their Cradles with 4 x 2.5t ratchet straps and all Cradles are securely pinned to the ground with axles that are 900mm long. This process is finalized after the vessel has been lifted out and all tie downs are left on the vessel until the owner returns.
- You are welcome to forward this advice onto your insurance company for their approval for continuous coverage.
- The photos below show how the vessels are secured and we are happy to provide any information you require to ensure your vessel is insured whilst stored in our facility.
Services and Trades
Our complex in Port Bundaberg, QLD offers a wide range of services and trades on site to suit the needs of boat owners
Swaging, Balustrading & Rigging Rope Splicing
Your reputation as the best yard on the coast has been confirmed!! Thanks for looking after us so well
Keith & Pattie
First, I wish to thank you for always being kind, professional and over all the very friendly support during our stay at Bundaberg Port Marina Hardstand.
All the Best
Giovanni Testa & Marina Spadari
Photography Courtesy of Bundaberg Port Marina & Tourism and Events Queensland